Where are you at with your super?

Self-employed contributions

From 1 July 2017 any non-concessional contributions you make into super may be tax deductible. If you choose to claim a tax deduction on your personal contributions, they will then be counted towards the ‘concessional contribution’ limit. If no tax deduction is claimed, your personal contributions will be counted towards the non-concessional contribution limit and you may be eligible to receive up to $500 as a Government co-contribution.

You must previously have been an employed member of Club Super before you can make self-employed contributions.

Am I eligible to claim a tax deduction?

You may be eligible to claim a deduction if you:

  • have made a voluntary contribution; and
  • have notified Club Super of the amount you intend to claim as a deduction.

To notify Club Super of your intent to claim a deduction, please complete the Notice of intent to claim a tax deduction for personal super contributions or vary a previous notice Form. This notice must be given to Club Super before the earlier of the date you lodge your income tax return or the end of the financial year following the year the contributions are made.

For more information on claiming deductions for personal super contributions, please visit the ATO website.

More information

  • Additional Information – How super works 292.07 KB PDF