For many women, super isn’t so super.
Around 90 per cent of women currently end up with not enough superannuation savings to fund the lifestyle they want in retirement. In fact, the average superannuation account balance for women when they retire is currently around $230,907 while men have been retiring with around twice this amount.1
At Club Super, over 55% of our members are female which is why we feel it’s important to ensure they feel supported when it comes to their super.
Our Get Financially Fit program is designed to help you improve your financial situation, regardless of what stage you are at in life. We have developed a hub of resources to help you take action, ideally putting you in a better place today and in turn, the years ahead. You’ll find a range of online videos and articles covering useful topics including budgeting, personal finances, investments and super.
What you can do
Get on top of your super today
- Consolidate you super.
- Set small, regular contributions.
- Check your insurance to make sure you have the right amount of cover.
- Confirm your TFN to ensure you aren’t paying additional unnecessary tax.
It’s never too late to start
- It’s important to know that it’s never too late to start making contributions to your super. Small contributions now could make a difference to help you retire to a standard that you want.
Make a plan
- Having a plan in place for careers breaks, such as maternity leave, will help to ensure that your super savings can continue to work while you’re away from the workforce.
- MoneySmart have some great free resources and simple strategies on ways you can grow your super, including their women’s money toolkit.
- YourSuperFuture advice tool is available to Club Super members at no additional cost through Member Online.
Know your options
- Know what contribution options are available to help grow your super (e.g. Government Co-contribution or LISTO).
- Keep up-to-date with insurance arrangements and cover.
- Register for Member Online to keep track of your super.
- If attending to your superannuation matters becomes overwhelming, seek help. Club Super members have a number of support options available to them, including our Client Contact Centre, face to face contact with our team of Client Services Managers and access to Club Super Financial Planning.2
If you need any help, we’re right beside you, so don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1300 369 330.
1 The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia Survey: Selected Findings from Waves 1 to 15 2017 http://melbourneinstitute.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/2437426/HILDA-SR-med-res.pdf
2 Australian Financial Services Licensee (AFSL no. 411440). The Trustee is not responsible for, and does not accept liability for the products or services or actions of My Super Future Pty Ltd. You should use your own judgment before taking up any product or service offered by My Super Future Pty Ltd.